Porcelain Veneers: Pros and Cons
Porcelain veneers help create white, straight, and attractive teeth. In addition, the surfaces enhance the appearance of your teeth. Beautiful teeth give you a beautiful smile and improve people’s reactions to you professionally and personally. If genetics, your food or beverage habits, smoking, chips, or gaps have left your teeth with an ungainly appearance, you can contact the dentist near you for a solution to improve their appearance.
When you visit dental veneers in Bellaire, TX, to enhance your teeth’s appearance, the professional evaluate your tooth or teeth needing the porcelain veneers to determine whether you qualify for this treatment. Porcelain veneers are excellent remedies for your dental imperfections. However, they also have a set of pros and cons, which the dental professional will discuss with you to help you decide whether you want to have them on your teeth or not.
Explaining Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are thin surfaces custom created for your teeth which dentists cement to the tooth’s front surface. The veneers permanently change and correct the dental imperfections affecting you. Porcelain veneers are sought after because of their stain-resistant feature. In addition, they also mimic the light reflecting properties of the natural tooth. These surfaces help fix tooth discoloration from an infected tooth or excessive fluoride. Stains from coffee, smoking, or medications are also conveniently covered by porcelain veneers.
Reasons You May Need Porcelain Veneers
If you have worn teeth besides chipped or broken teeth, you can consider porcelain veneers an excellent option to hide dental imperfections. Porcelain veneers also help conceal irregularly shaped or uneven teeth and minor misalignments, leaving you with gapped teeth.
Getting porcelain veneers is an easy and effective technique for enhancing the appearance of your teeth. However, before you decide to have them, you must understand the pros and cons of porcelain veneers because you are making a considerable investment to enhance your tooth’s appearance.
The Pros and Cons of Porcelain Veneers
There are many essential pros and cons of porcelain veneers. When you discuss them with dental veneers near you, the professionals at the clinic will explain how these surfaces help address your cosmetic dentist Bellaire and other dental issues, besides giving you information about the pros and cons associated with them. Many people, after hearing the professionals decide it is indeed worth having porcelain veneers than any other options. Let us give you the pros and cons of porcelain veneers to help you make an informed decision.
Porcelain Veneers Pros
- Porcelain veneers provide natural-looking and white transparent teeth. Light reflects off porcelain veneers because they appear like your natural teeth.
- Porcelain veneers are stain-resistant, ensuring your teeth continue maintaining their whiter appearance longer for years. If you maintain the porcelain veneers appropriately, they remain with you for over two decades. You merely need to protect them by avoiding detrimental mouth-related habits like using your teeth to open packages or biting on complex foods.
- Porcelain veneers replace damaged tooth enamel because although tooth enamel is robust, it is not durable. Over time your tooth enamel can sustain damages for various reasons. When getting porcelain veneers, your dentist in Bellaire removes the damaged enamel from your tooth before cementing the surface over it to enhance the tooth’s appearance.
- Porcelain veneers also repair minor cosmetic issues affecting your tooth. For example, if you have chipped, cracked, or discolored teeth, you can consider porcelain veneers as an excellent remedy to hide dental imperfections.
Porcelain Veneers Cons
- Porcelain veneers are not indestructible because they can chip and crack if you don’t follow your dentist’s instructions of avoiding detrimental mouth-related habits. Therefore you must avoid habits like chewing on complex objects and fingernails if you want to retain the surfaces over your teeth for their intended lifespan.
- When you decide to have porcelain veneers over your teeth, you go through a tooth enamel removal process past the dentin, an irreversible procedure. In addition, your tooth enamel doesn’t regenerate. Therefore, if you decide to no longer want these surfaces over your teeth later, you have no alternative but to replace the porcelain veneer with a new one.
- Tooth sensitivity is familiar with porcelain veneers because of tooth enamel removal. Therefore you must avoid scorching foods and beverages besides freezing stuff that may cause irritating sensitivity.
- Porcelain veneers are not as durable as dental bridges or crowns. However, you need crowns or bridges only to restore a severely decayed or damaged tooth or replace a missing tooth.
After considering porcelain veneer’s pros and cons, we are confident you will think it is worth having them over your teeth to cover the dental clinic near me imperfections impacting your smile.