Essential Tips To Keep Your Dentures Looking Like New
The dentures are restorative dental appliances for people who have lost one or more of their natural teeth. The dentures are fake teeth, but they need the same level of care and maintenance, so that you can enjoy them for a longer duration. Even though you are wearing fake teeth, you need to take care of your mouth and gums. Let’s have a look at some tips shared by the dentist in Bellaire, TX, 77401, for denture care and maintenance.
How to Properly Care for Your Dentures?
- You must always clean the dentures for removing food particles that get stuck on your dentures.
- The dentures should be handled with utmost care. Avoid dropping them as they can break even if they are durable and strong.
- Be careful about not bending the plastic or clasp of your dentures.
- Avoid using any kind of whitening toothpaste.
- Keep the dentures soaked in water overnight.
Can Dentures Break?
Though the dentures are durable, it doesn’t mean they can’t break. They can break if:
- Too much pressure is put on them while chewing.
- If you eat a lot of acidic food.
- If you drop them.
- Change in temperature can also lead to wear and tear.
What Happens if They Don’t Fit Anymore?
According to the Bellaire dentist, sometimes, the dentures don’t break, they simply don’t fit anymore. Your mouth can change the shape over the period of time. If the dentures don’t fit, don’t throw them away. Call the dentist for dentures in Bellaire, TX, for discussing the denture repair. It’s possible to adjust the dentures so you don’t need to have a new one made.
Is Professional Repair Necessary?
You may be able to repair your denture temporarily, but it would not last very long. If you keep on patching them up on your own, you may end up damaging them in the long run. You must never use superglue on your dentures, as it can lead to inflammation. The only way of fixing your dentures without damaging them is with the help of professionals.